Kilmun Parish Church
Denomination: Church of Scotland
Address: Kilmun, PA23 8TE
Local Authority: Argyll & Bute
On the site of a Celtic monastery, overlooking Holy Loch. Tower of 15th-century collegiate church. Present building dates from 1841, by Thomas Burns with interior remodelled by P MacGregor Chalmers in 1899. Important stained glass by Stephen Adam and Alfred Webster. Water-powered organ by Norman & Beard 1909. Ancient graveyard with fine 18th-century carved stones. Mausoleum of Dukes of Argyll, Douglas vault. Grave of Elizabeth Blackwell, first lady doctor.
Sunday: 12.00 noon
Open by arrangement
Contact Kilmun Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.