Kilmuir Church, North Uist
Denomination: Church of Scotland
Address: Balranald, HS6 5DW
Local Authority: Western Isles
Originally North Uist Parish Church. Gothic T-plan by Alexander Sharp 1892-4. In the south-west inner angle is a two-stage tower, its battlemented parapet enclosing a slated pyramidal spire. Inside, a wealth of pitch-pine. One of the few remaining Gaelic-essential charges; during the morning Gaelic service one can hear, and participate in, the precenting of Gaelic psalms. Close to Balranald RSPB Reserve.
Sundays: 10.00am in Gaelic, 6.00pm in English
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.