A Chill Mhor, the great cell, refers to the old church, now a ruin beside the present church, a large rectagular whitewashed building with lancet windows. Designed by John Mackenzie and built 1876, its Victorian furnishings are complete. Notable monuments flank the pulpit including one of 1768 to Sir James Macdonald. Close by is Sabhal M’r Ostaig, a steading of 1840 converted into a Gaelic college.
Sunday: 10 am
Open by arrangement
Contact Kilmore Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.