A Georgian T-plan church of 1783 on site of an earlier church of 1610. Completely restored in 1983. Segmental-arched windows; lofts in the three arms. Handsome and elegant interior with two long narrow communion tables. Memorial to Rev John MacLaurin and his two famous sons (Colin, author of MacLaurin’s Mathematical Theorem).
Third and Fourth Sundays of the month: 10.45am
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.