Killin & Ardeonaig Parish Church
OS Reference: NN573332
Address: Main Street, Killin, FK21 8UW
Local Authority: Stirling
Distinctive white-harled octagonal classical church built in 1744 by the mason Thomas Clark to a design by John Douglas of Edinburgh. Inside it has been altered from a ‘wide’ church to a ‘long’ church. In front of the church is a monument to Rev James Stewart (1701-89), minister of Killin, who first translated the new Testament into Scots Gaelic (published 1767).
Killin & Ardeonaig Parish Church is a Destination Hub on the St Andrew Pilgrim Journey.
Open May to October during daylight hours.
Contact Killin & Ardeonaig Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.