Simple white-painted rectangular church built in 1936. The church houses a beautifully carved, floor-standing wooden lectern and two wooden offering plates donated by Latvian ship owners to mark the rescue efforts of the islanders when one of their ships foundered in a storm on the island of Belnahua in 1938.
Contact Kilchattan Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.