The present church is the third on this site. Ruins of a medieval church are on the site of the original and much earlier building which, according to legend, was erected at the command of St Columba. Today’s church was designed by P MacGregor Chalmers in 1898. Interesting stained glass. Memorial plaque to the MacLeods, father and son, whose ministry here spanned more than a century. Fifteenth-century cross outside the front of the church. The nearby 18th-century session house contains a collection of carved stones 8th to 16th centuries.
every 1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th Sunday of the month (4pm during 2016, 10am during 2017, 12noon during 2018)
5th Sunday of the month there is ONE shared service at Ardgour, Strontian or Kiel Church – check www.aksm.org.uk for details
Contact Kiel church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.