The first church in the area was founded in 1244. In a document dated 1583 the Laird of Kemback granted a site for church, graveyard, manse and six acres of glebeland – this is the ruined church. The present simple church with Gothic details and bellcote was built in 1814. The interior was renewed in 1920s using Borneo cedar. The bell is believed to come from the ruined church.
Open by arrangement
Contact Kemback Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.