Kells Parish Church, New Galloway
Address: Kirk Road, New Galloway, DG7 3RS
Local Authority: Dumfries & Galloway
Built in 1822 to a design by William McCandlish. A granite T-plan church with three-stage square tower at the centre of south wall. Interior mainly reconstructed in 1911 following original layout. Galleries on three sides with pulpit on long south wall. Notable churchyard with three ‘Adam and Eve’ stones of 1706-7, and a delightful upright for Captain Gordon’s gamekeeper, John Murray.
1st Sunday Balmaclellan
2nd and 4th Sundays Dalry
3rd Sunday Kells
If 5th Sunday in the month, service is in one of the other Churches in the Glenkens by rotation.
Open by arrangement
Contact Kells Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.