The parish of Inverkip has a history stretching back over more than 800 years of Christian worship since its founding by the monks of Paisley Abbey in 1188. The present Sanctuary was commissioned by Sir John Shaw-Stewart of the Ardgowan Estate and was built in 1804. Built of local sandstone the church was refurbished in 1908 and has been classified by Historic Scotland as a Grade B listed building. The organ was installed in 1908 and the sound loop system in 2006.
Sunday 10.00 am
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.