Inver Meeting House
Denomination: Church of Scotland
Address: New Street, Inver, IV20 1RX
Local Authority: Highland
A Meeting House in the style of cottages. Originally the SPCK school which fell out of use for that purpose shortly after the 1872 Education Act when a local authority school was built in Inver. It continued to be used for church purposes, by both the Church of Scotland and Free Church until 1929, since when it has been used by the Church of Scotland congregation.
Inver, largely in its original form, originates as a settlement of persons displaced during clearances. Memorial, to north of village on the shore, marks common grave of cholera victims, a large proportion of the population.
Sunday: 6.30 pm on 2nd and 4th Sunday of the month
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.