During the 1843 Disruption in the Church of Scotland, some of the congregation left the Parish church of Insh Parish Church, Kincraig, to hold their own services in Insh village. The land owner built them a small Mission Church in the style of a cottage, long, low and with white-harled walls. Originally it had a tin roof, later replaced with tiles. A ship’s bell is installed in a simple bellcote on the west gable. The village war memorial is in the Church grounds.
Simple interior with pitch pine pews and white-washed walls. Mosaic window in the form of a Celtic cross made by school children is in the wall facing the road.
6.00 pm on the 3rd Sunday of the month
Contact Insh Village Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.