The first mention of a church in Inchture is from the 12th century when William the Lion granted the status of a Parish Church. In 1834 a new church, designed by David Mackenzie, was built at a cost of £1,114. On Sunday 14 December 1890 Mr Honey, the Minister, detected a fire and the whole church was gutted. The present Gothic T-plan sandstone church was erected the following year. Mr Duncan D Stewart, factor of Rossie Estates, was the architect. In 2000 a magnificent stained glass window was installed to celebrate the Millennium; Mr Sep Waugh was the designer. Major conservation work (exterior) and development of facilities (interior) in 2016-17.
Sunday 9.45 am.
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.