Inch Parish Church
Address: Castle Kennedy, DG9 8RU
Local Authority: Dumfries & Galloway
The area takes its name from an island (inch) in teh nearby loch, from which the area derives its name. The church was designed by J Maitland Wardrop in 1858-61. It is a rectangular-plan Gothic parish church of a wide nave with with a narrower and lower chancel.
The interior, in cluding pews and altar furnishings, was completely redone in 1895-6, following a fire, to designs by Hamilton More-Nisbett. East window by Heaton, Butler & Bayne, circa 1900. Organ by Brindley & Foster, 1897, rebuilt by H Hilsdon, 1970.
In the graveyard is the monument to John Alexander, better known as Blind Johnnie, a street musician in Stranraer, he died in 1905 aged 70.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.