William Leiper 1887 in red Ballochmyle sandstone. Floodlit timber vaulted interior roof, columns with richly carved capitals. Gleaming original terrazzo floor. Original furnishings, beautiful marble pulpit and common table, Henry Willis pipe organ, the whole building complemented by a collection of stained glass with windows by Norman Macdougall 1889, Douglas Strachan 1921, Douglas Hamilton 1930, Gordon Webster 1961, William Wilson 1962, Sax Shaw 1968, Paul Lucky 1984, Rab MacInnes 1999. Additionally three windows by Oscar Paterson 1897 moved here from St Bride’s Church, Partick.
Sunday: 10.15 am in odd-numbered months and 11.30 am in even-numbered months
Open by arrangement
Contact Hyndland Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.