Denomination: Church of Scotland
Address: Hutton, TD15 1TS
Local Authority: Scottish Borders
Hutton Church was built in 1834 on the site of an earlier church dating from 1765 which itself replaced a medieval structure. It is a rectangular-plan Romanesque church and round-headed windows.The square tower is a notable feature in Hutton.
The interior has timber pews and timber dado panels. The timber pulpit and communion table are in a raised chancel.
The surrounding graveyard with various 17th, 18th and 19th century stones including table-top monuments, classically-detailed stones and examples with memento mori. A burial vault, thought to date from the mid 17th century, is, like the early gravestones, a rare survival.
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.