In an idyllic situation on the haugh by the Kale Water. The original building appears to have been cruciform, but was remodelled in 1752 as a rectangle, and substantially modernised in 1844. The interior was refurbished in 1986. From the original church there remains a round-headed doorway in the south wall, dating from the turn of the 15th and 16th centuries.
See website https://www.cheviotchurches.org/whats-on.html
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.