THolytown Parish Church was built between 1836 and 1837: architect Robert Turner. First service was in October 1837. Church was built to serve the eastern half of Bothwell Parish. In 1862 it became a quoad sacra church. Between 1912 and 1914 a chancel was added. In 1950 a pipe organ, previously in Auchingramont North Church, was installed and dedicated. Memorial stained glass windows, designed by G Maille & Son Ltd, London and an oak panel with the words “nec tamen consumebatur” were installed in 1953.
Sunday 10.00 am
Open by arrangement
Contact Holytown Parish Church
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.