Denomination: Church of Scotland
Address: Hightae, DG11 1JL
Local Authority: Dumfries & Galloway
Built as a Relief Meeting House in 1796-8 and more of a meeting room than a church. It is a small, simple white-washed stone building with a slate roof. The seating was originally forms running east-west and facing the fireplace (now blocked up) on the north wall.
The church was remodelled for the Reformed Presbyterians in 1865, when the windows were enlarged and the gabled west bellcote and small porch were added. Pews were obtained from the former church in Well Street, Moffat; the pulpit from the church at Laurie’s Close, Waterbeck; and the baptismal font from Martyr’s Uniter Free Church, Dumfries.
Sundays: 9.45am, 11.15am by rotation with Dalton and Kettleholm
Open by arrangement
Contact Hightae Kirk.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.