Hamilton West Parish Church
Denomination: Church of Scotland
Address: Peacock Cross, Hamilton, ML3 9AA
Local Authority: South Lanarkshire
The church was originally founded in 1874 as the ‘Burnbank Mission Station’ of St John’s Free Church. Having been raised to full status in 1875, the church was rebuilt 1880, architect John Hutchison whose design exhibits many features in the 13th-century Gothic style. The interior has one of the best examples in Scotland of a wooden hammerbeam roof. The organ by Hill & Son of London 1902 is still in use today. The exterior is floodlit, highlighting the stonework which was restored in 1988.
Sunday: 11.30 am
Open by arrangement
Contact Hamilton West Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.