Gothic T-plan design by Gillespie Graham 1839 with tower added in 1852, set amid Playfair’s great terraces around Calton Hill. Connections with Robert Louis Stevenson who knew it as ‘the church on the hill’. Pipe organ, rebuilt here by Ingram 1933.
Open by arrangement
Contact Greenside Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.