Address: Church Street, Greenlaw, TD10 6YE
Local Authority: Scottish Borders
There has been a church on the site since before 1147. The present church was built 1675 and lengthened 1712. The east and west lofts were erected 1721 and the north loft 1784. A prison, resembling a church tower, was added by 1712 and was in use until 1824. The tower houses the town clock and church bell, provided by Thomas Broomfield c1696 and recast 1726.
Sunday: 10.00 am
Open Saturday 10.00am-12noon or by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.