Founded in 1900 as the last United Presbyterian congregation in Edinburgh. Original building now used as halls. The present Gothic-style church (A Lorne Campbell 1927) is an early example of reinforced concrete construction, with stone cladding. Furnishings to Campbell’s designs by Scott Morton & Co. Current scheme of decoration by Sir William Kininmonth. Organ by A E Ingram 1927, rebuilt R L Smith 1972. Stained glass by James Ballantine, Alexander Strachan (2), William Wilson (3). Pulpit falls by Archibald Brennan, Penelope Beaton and Malcolm Lochhead. New suite of halls by Lee Boyd Partnership 2001.
Sundays: 10.30am all year
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.