The only Orthodox Cathedral in Scotland. Formerly Belhaven United Presbyterian Church by James Sellars 1877, powerfully vertical Normandy Gothic. The congregation of St Luke’s relocated here in 1960. The main front is inspired by Dunblane Cathedral. Marvellous display of stained glass, Stephen Adam 1877, richly stencilled roof timbers, and original light fittings and furniture. Modern iconostasis featuring icons, some of which were painted on Mount Athos in the traditional Byzantine style.
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.