Gothic hall church of 1826 preserving original design and features. The exterior is given character by pinnacles at the corners and gables. The church was lit by oil lamps, now electrified. Historic stones have been preserved and sheltered. The grandparents of Robert Burns are buried in the old kirkyard.
Sunday: 11.00am, first Sunday of month
Open by arrangement; a key can be obtained from Mrs Alison Meston
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.