Girvan South Church has been called ‘The Church on the Green’. Interestingly enough when it was repainted at the beginning of this century the colour chosen was green. The church was built in 1839 and was raised to quad sacra status in 1875. It has 2 main stained glass windows and several windows with symbols on them. It has a pipe organ.
Sundays: 9.45 am
Access by arrangement
Contact Girvan South
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.
As a trusted partner of the National Churches Trust, we have access to a number of additional grants for projects as part of the Partnership Grants Programme. The Programme has provided over £1 million in grant funding towards repairs at churches and chapels over the last five years, and can now support some installation of facilities. Applications should be made directly to us following our usual application procedure.
15 North Bank St.
Edinburgh. EH1 2LP
0131 225 8644