Red sandstone Arts & Crafts style church with green slate steeply pitched and swept roof. Built in 1902 to replace Methodist Chapel in Ailsa Street West. Two stained glass east windows and decorated wooden panels below a braced timber roof. Girvan was visited twice by John Wesley en route to Glasgow and Portpatrick, resulting in local Methodist worship.
Open by arrangement
Contact Girvan Methodist Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.