Situated in very beautiful rural location. Village church of 1628 on pre-Reformation foundation, altered 1774 and with internal renovations in 1891, 1950s and 1960s. T-plan kirk with three individual outside stairs to three separate lairds’ lofts. Two good 20th-century stained glass windows, one attributed to William Wilson, OBE, RSA (Christ the Sower) the other to Douglas Hamilton FSA (Christ the Carpenter). War memorial behind the pulpit by Robert Lorimer. Mountain indicator. Graveyard.
Sunday: 10.30am September-June; 10.30am July & August jointly with linked churches, see notice-board
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.