Garelochhead Parish Church
Denomination: Church of Scotland
Address: Old School Road , Garelochhead , G84 0AY
Local Authority: Argyll & Bute
Hall church with tall lancet windows and a slender belfry with spirelet on the entrance gable. White-harled with sandstone dressings. The main body of the church was built in 1837-8, the apse and hall were added in 1893-5.
Plain interior with gallery. Organ by Casey & Cairney. Stained glass of the Burning Bush, St Margaret and Dorcas.
Service times alternate between 9.45 am and 11.15 am. See website for details. Lovely tea and biscuits served after the service.
Open by arrangement
Contact Garelochhead Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.