Built 1878-81 to plans in the Gothic Revival style by George Henderson, the main feature is the 190ft spire. Front porch added 1922. Good glass, including windows by Douglas Strachan, George Henderson, Ballantine & Son and C E Kempe. Stone carvings by John Rhind and wood carving by Francis Lynn. ‘Father’ Willis organ.
Sundays: 11.00am and 6.30pm
Open by arrangement
Contact Galashiels Old Parish & St Paul's.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.