Built in 1838 as the original Newburgh Mathers school; converted as Chapel of Ease for Foveran Parish Church 1882. Clock tower added 1892, interior refurbished 1907, including pitch-pine roof in imitation of St Laurence, Forres. Named in honour of the original medieval Chapel of the Holy Rood and St Thomas the Martyr in Inch Road, Newburgh; all that remains of this is the Udny Family Mausoleum in the Holyrood Cemetery.
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.