Foulden & Mordington Parish Church
Denomination: Church of Scotland
Address: Main Street , Foulden , TD15 1UH
Local Authority: Scottish Borders
Since the 12th century the site has been associated with Coldingham Priory, 1176. The present building dates from 1786 and is sited slightly to the north of the original. A simple rectangular church with Gothic windows and a gabled belfry. The interior has Tudor Gothic detailing. Medieval font. The kirk bell dates from 1704 and was made by John Meikle of Edinburgh. In 1586 commissioners of James VI met those of Elizabeth of England in the church to receive a letter professing her innocence in the death of Mary Queen of Scots.
Sunday 11.30 am
Open by arrangement
Contact Foulden & Mordington Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.