In an area of historical importance, in the 9th century Kenneth MacAlpin had his palace here, and a basilica existed from the first half of the 8th century. This church, the third, was erected in 1778. It was remodelled in the mid-19th century. Celtic bell dated 900 AD, one of five Scottish bronze bells. Medieval carved stones. The font is from the pre-Reformation church of Muckersie united with Forteviot in 1618. Organ by Hamilton of Edinburgh. Extensively renovated 1994.
9.30am on alternate Sundays (see website for details)
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.