This is the third Findhorn village, the site of the previous two now lying under the sea. Findhorn consists of rows of fishermen’s cottages, gable-end to the water in the local manner. The church was built as Kinloss Free Church in 1843 to a design by John Urquhart of Forres. A handsome building in stone with a pretty tower and lunette windows along the sides.
Sundays: 10.00am alternating with Kinloss.
Open by arrangement.
Contact Findhorn Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.