Built by Sinclair MacDonald in 1909 to a standard design used for United Free Churches in the Highlands. Nearby, at Clachan, stands the old Parish Church, built 1774, now a museum of the Clearances and Clan Mackay. Amongst the gravestones is the Farr Stone, a Christianised Pictish stone. Strathnaver Trail of 29 sites of archaeological, historical and natural heritage interest runs from the museum to Altnaharra.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.