The church was one of the first built under the new Church Extension Scheme of the Church of Scotland in 1937. The architect, Leslie Graham Macdougall, also designed the Reid Memorial Church. The stone comes from Craigmillar Quarries and the bell (originally from St Aidan’s, Melrose) dates from 1866. There are many interesting bronzes and the stained glass windows are also notable.
Sunday: 10.30am Morning Worship and Young Church
Access by arrangement
Contact Fairmilehead Parish Church
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.