Large 5-bay church with tower of 1878 completed in 1878 as St John’s Free Presbyterian Church. It was designed in the English Decorated Gothic style and has buttresses between the bays.
Originally the church had pews to accommodate 320. Two-manual organ built by Cousans & Sons of Lincoln, 1879. Sungle bell inscribed ‘Barwell, 40 Great Hampton Street, Birmingham, 1879; the bell is 29 3/4″ in diameter, weighs 5 1/2 cwt and is hung for full circle ringing..
Sunday: 11.10 am
Open by arrangement
Contact Eyemouth Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.