A Christian site since the 13th century, the present church dates from 1835, though the sculptured stonework of the Dunlop Aisle, 1641, was preserved. Magnificent collection of stained glass by Gordon Webster. Beside the church is Clandeboyes Hall, 1641, built as a school. Built onto the back of Clandeboyes is the early 17th-century monumental tomb of Hans Hamilton, first Protestant minister of Dunlop.
Sunday 11.30 am
Open Sunday 2.00-4.00pm, May to October
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.