Tranquil setting for this traditional stone church of 1803, built on the site of an earlier building, probably dating from 1495. The steepled clock tower was added in 1841, and the chancel in 1906. There is some fine Pre-Raphaelite stained glass, particularly Henry Dearle’s ‘Last Supper’ (booklet available). The pipe organ is by Norman and Beard, 1906. Interesting gravestones in the tidy graveyard.
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.