Prior to 1684, Dunbarney parish church stood a mile to the west in the burial ground near the mansion of Dunbarney. In 1684 a church was erected a few yards from the present building. The present rectangular plan church was built in 1787. Pedimented bellcote added, interior recast and other alterations 1880. The pipe organ, built by John Miller, Dundee, was installed in 1929.
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.