Replacing a corrugated-iron church of 1901, the present stone church was designed by J McLellan Fairley and opened in 1912. A solid Gothic-style church with a square tower topped with an octagonal spire clad in copper. Named Drumclog Memorial Kirk in remembrance of the Battle of Drumclog fought in 1679 when the Covenanters defeated Government troops.
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.