Denomination: Church of Scotland
Address: Denholm, TD9 8NX
Local Authority: Scottish Borders
Dates from 1845 when it was built as the Free Church. The small rectangular church had its interior was much altered in 1957, and was refurbished in 2012. Wall hangings for 150th anniversary. Situated in a beautiful conservation village which was the birthplace of John Scott, the botanist, James Murray of the Oxford English Dictionary, and John Leyden, the linguist.
Sunday: 9.30 or 11.00 am, usually every three weeks; times change every four months: see notice-board or website for details
Key from the Manse in Leyden’s Road or by arrangement
Contact Denholm Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.