Deer Parish Church
Address: Old Deer, AB42 5LN
Local Authority: Aberdeenshire
Built 1789 as a simple rectangular church with Venetian windows to the east and west. The front porch with tower and spire were added in the late 1890s to a design by Sir George Reid PRSA. The pulpit table and font are by A Marshall Mackenzie 1898. Willis pipe organ of the 1890s. Stained glass windows in memory of George Smith, local benefactor who emigrated to America and the Rev Dr Kemp, the minister from 1899-1953, and his wife.
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.