The present church dates from 1826 and is situated beside a small hillock, locally known as as Cnoc an t’Saigart, the ‘Priest’s Hillock’. Restored 1991. There has been a place of worship on the site since early times, long before its charter was granted in the 13th century. The surrounding graveyard tells of the changing history of this interesting parish.
Sunday: 12.00 noon
Open by arrangement
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.