Union of the former Dalziel and St Andrew’s Church of Scotland congregations in September of 1996. The parish of Dalziel has a history stretching back to the 12th century, while St Andrew’s was a daughter church of Dalziel. Our sanctuary was refurbished to a high standard in the spring of 2012, when the pews were replaced with modern seating. At the same time, a Prayer Room was created through partitioning off one of the transepts. A modern audio-visual system was also installed to complement our worship and make the sanctuary suitable for a wide range of community events and concerts. This has enabled us to live stream our services to the Internet on a regular basis.
Erected in 1874, the architect was probably David Thomson. Gothic-style church, of cruciform-plan, with a square 3-stage tower with broach spire. Organ by the German firm of Walcker, dated 1900. This fine and rare example of a musical instrument was restored to full working order in the autumn of 2012. Worship is a sensitive mixture of traditional and modern praise, led by our accomplished Musical Director and sizeable choir. A very warm welcome awaits visitors of all ages in The Kirk at The Cross.
Sundays: 11.00 am
Open by arrangement
Contact Dalziel St Andrew's Parish Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.