The church began with twelve members in 1838. The present building is situated beside the River Lugar at the entrance to Woodroad Park. This friendly, compact sandstone church was dedicated in 1883. The first ever Labour Member of Parliament, Keir Hardie, served on the Diaconate. Impressive 2-manual organ with eleven ranks of pipes.
Sunday 11.00am and 6.30pm September-June
Open by arrangement
Contact Cumnock Congregational Church.
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.