Harled T-plan ‘Parliamentary’ church built by James Smith 1827 from a Thomas Telford design. One of the few Parliamentary churches still in use in its original form. Furnishings virtually unchanged since first built: old-style long communion table and original pulpit. Electricity was intalled in 1982. The east window has messages scratched in 1845 by inhabitants of Glencalvie who sheleterd in the churchyard after being evicted from their homes to make way for sheep. Pictish broch in church glebe.
April to September, 3.00pm on the 2nd Sunday of the month; Communion is held in August.
Open during daylight hours
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.