OS Reference: NT692618
Address: , Cranshaws , TD11 3SJ
Local Authority: Scottish Borders
First mentioned in 1275, possibly dedicated to St Ninian, the 1739 church was rebuilt 1899 by architect George Fortune in Romanesque Revival style. Contains royal coat-of-arms of 1471-1500, installed opposite the pulpit by James VI (1566-1625) who once attended and the minister omitted prayers for the monarch. Recently updated information leaflets for adults and worksheet for children.
11.45 am on the 1st and 3rd Sundays of the month
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.