A cruciform Kirk of 1656 with 15th century tower. Interior altered 1701, 1811. Large reconstruction 1911 by Donald McArthy and James Mather. Pitch-pine hammer beam rook, oak furnishings, white marble font. Burgerhuys bell. Jock Howison mosaic gifted by Douglas Strachan. Three windows by Morris & Co to designs by Edward Burne-Jones in memory of William Reid, former owner of Lauriston Castle, and his brother-in-law. Robert Walker, minister from 1776-84, was the subject of Raeburn’s famous “Skating Minister” painting. Plan of kirkyard available. Roman settlement remains nearby.
Sundays: 8.45 and 10.00am
Open by arrangement
Contact Cramond Kirk
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.