Denomination: Church of Scotland
Address: Church Road , Cove , G84 0LZ
Local Authority: Argyll & Bute
The foundation stone was laid 31/07/1852, opened for worship as a chapel of ease 14/02/1853. Craigrownie became a parish Church 01/12/1863, enlarged by enlarged by Honeyman & Keppie 1889.
The organ was built by James J Binns of Leeds. The Church hosts various examples of stained glass including J Benson, S Adam, Mayer & Co. including mural paintings of the four Evangelists by the sisters Doris and Anna Zinkeisen.
Service times alternate between 9.45 am and 11.15 am. See website for details. For 2020: Garelochhead is 11.15am and Craigrownie is 9.45am. Lovely tea and biscuits served after the service.
Open by arrangement
Contact Craigrownie Parish Church
The information about churches in Scotland’s Churches Scheme has been provided by the congregations or taken from the Historic Scotland list and published sources, in particular, the Buildings of Scotland volumes and the RIAS Illustrated Architectural Guides. To contact this specific church please complete the Contact this Church form above. The information is not authoritative; please contact Scotland’s Churches Trust to let us know of any errors or omissions.